Sign in or
Trackable Geocoins Home
A wiki dedicated to trackable travelling geocoins.
This site is being built by forthferalz coin addict since 2006, to replace the unfortunately defunct trackablecoins.com wiki - I hope you find the wysiwig format here easy and contribute whatever you can to the database for all to enjoy. Just sign in with your existing Facebook account or make a separate Wetpaint account.
Note: NOT ALL GEOCOINS ARE TRACKED AT GEOCACHING.COM
If the website is not engraved on the coin or the number appears to be a sequential number try sigitem.com first then our sister site untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com
Coins tracked on various websites other than geocaching.com which are commonly mistaken as untrackable are also known as 'iconless geocoins' - find them under "i"
General geocoin information;
*geocaching.com/tracklists all geocaching.com trackablecoins
*www.cointracking.comespecially good for links to a lot of personal coins
*www.geocoincollection.com- probably the largest gallery of photos and trading lists
*wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocoin- general information
Geocoin Artists with archives -
Wilg's list (nice! 4,000+ gc.com coins)
the collection of Danoshimano (623 coins, photos to scale, earlier coins pre 2008)
The collection of NurseDave (photos only - many untrackables and sigitems)
Deego's photo archive (170+ high quality photos with icons, mostly 2006)
nebukatneza's discovery list ( good photos of small collection of commercial coins 2008-09 have fun and collect the icon!)
Team Olsson Norway (high quality photos including rare coins such as XLE nocturnal)
Geocoin mints with good archives - retrieve activation codes from these sites
When creating a new listing webpage
1. Please check with the alphabetic listing "all names and icons" page first for the official name and copy it exactly. If you can find a link to an active travelling coin put a link there ( enter the name into geocaching.com/track and look around for one )
2. From the left column menu select the appropriate letter of the alphabet and insert a new page (as a subpage) using a template from the dropdown menu
3. Include descriptive "keyword tags" ( see available tags below - or if you add a new tag make sure to add it to this home page so it can be searched easily)
and a graphic description eg. "gold mushroom shaped coin with cutout and Fliegenpilz on the reverse" as well as photographs so people who do not know the name of a certain geocoin can search for it. This may even help return a lost coin into circulation.
4. Not all the tools work with Safari - Mac users should use Firefox or internet explorer
5. When adding a personal coin which is not your own design consider sending a courtesy notification email to the cacher via geocaching.com so they can proof and update the page.
Latest page update: made by Forthferalz
, Jul 24 2010, 2:01 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Forthferalz
4 words added
3 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: charitable commercial countries functional groundspeak handmade iconless micro moving part mystery organisation personal promotional series shaped
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.